When it comes to having an impressive golfing kit, game improvement irons are clearly one of the most important elements. That said, irons are known to be perhaps the most expensive component of any golfing bag or kit. Keeping this simple fact in mind it is absolutely essential to only buy the best when it comes to owning golfing irons. Why is this a consideration? Because statistically speaking, irons are used more frequently and as such can have a more direct impact on a player’s game.
Keeping these key facts in mind, buying the best golf irons requires an in-depth understanding. In this article we gave you comprehensive ideas on how to choose the right game improvement irons sets for your need from the various products available today.
Top 5 Game Improvement Irons Compared
Having the most up-to-date and relevant information and knowledge helps golfers at all levels of proficiency to make a more informed buying decision. Most importantly, a well-informed buyer will have a much easier time when shopping for irons. Here are some basics worth understanding for every golfer who insists on owning the best and most performance driven irons on the market today. Golfgrandview.com is loaded with full of guideline.
Here is the buying guide of golf Irons.
Expert Reviews of the Best Golf Irons of 2021:
1. Callaway Men’s XR Individual Irons
A bar of steel-infused soft urethane layer positioned behind the lower portion of the face serves two functions. 1) Absorbs unwanted vibration for great feel. 2) The integration of steel into the urethane adds weight, which lowers the head’s Center of Gravity for faster ball speed on low hits and higher launch characteristics.The Steelhead XR Irons are where a signature shape meets breakthrough performance with our industry-leading, next generation 360 Face Cup. They deliver the finest combination ever of speed, forgiveness, distance and control in a Callaway iron.
Club Design and Features
- Innovative Two-Piece Construction: Golfers experience an impressive level of remarkable refinement thanks to a two-piece construction that incorporates technologically advanced dual heat treatment.
- High-Speed Cavity Back: These golf irons offer a cavity back with high-speed for outstanding playability.
- Cup 360 Face Technology: Considered to be a revolutionary and state-of-the-art technology, cup 360 enables the cup head to perform with incredible spring on every single shot. Players can expect increased ball speed irrespective of where the face hits the ball.
- Shaft: Another important feature that makes this iron so unique is its true temper graphite shaft. As a note there is also a steel option available as desired.
- Innovative Internal Standing Wave: Effectively lowering COG, this state-of-the-art technology increases the MOI while adding more flex to the face in order to achieve extra ball speed.
- Wide Sole Design: These impressive irons feature wider soles making them far more forgiving than other types of clubs. Golfers can expect more distance in each and every shot with few exceptions.
- The ball flight that you get is just perfect (not too high or too low).
- You can buy the particular iron that you need instead of the full set.
- Club face is not bulky or too big.
- Stainless steel body and face gives the Irons impressive durability and performance.
- There is also an option to choose between steel and graphite shafts.
- The Irons are long and smooth enough for most types of golfers.
- Their modern and stylish appearance will impress any golfer.
- Few other clubs can match their fantastic forgiveness.
- You will not find a better Sand Wedge than the XR.
- You do not get any feedback on your mistakes from miss-hits because they still feel solid.
- Some golfers complain that the clubs flex more than other regular Graphite Irons.
- There have been a few instances of the club face cracking after a couple of months.
- The grip is not the best, and you might need to change it.
- Buying them as individual clubs is way more expensive than purchasing a full set.
2. TaylorMade Men’s M2 Golf Iron Set
In the spring a box from Taylormade arrived at my doorstep. I opened it and there was a M2 6 iron with a tag that said “If you could hit it higher and further why wouldn’t you. Since I was recovering from knee surgery I could not use it but lent it to a few of my buddies. Two of them purchased sets of M2’s. So when I was finally able to make a full swing I went to the range and was shocked at the increase in distance and height. I have since joined my friend with a set of M2 irons and a rescue club as well. The clubs have a great feel. Contact is superb and as advertised they go farther and longer.
Club Design and Features
- Dramatic distance from every iron
- Steel-reax 88Hl
- Grip-tm speed grey end cap 600
3. Adams Golf Men’s New Idea Iron Set – Best Iron Set for Beginners
Our research over the many years that we’ve led the golf world in hybrid iron sets clearly shows that most golfers typically hit the ball away from the center of the clubface (close to 80% of the time). We’re here to help that with the new idea. These are more forgiving and easier to hit where you need it most – across the entire clubface.New Cut-Thru Slot design in the hybrids makes ball speed and launch higher and adds extra distance on off-center shots.There’s an actual wrap-around slot – never seen before in golf clubs – that expands the sweet spot for up to 44% more speed on off-center shots and 23% more face speed on center shots compared to our industry-leading Idea a12OS.With our ABC set configuration patent, the traditional long iron is replaced by easy to hit hybrids (A), while the transitional hybrid irons (B) bridge the distance gap perfectly into the cavity-back scoring clubs (C) that are designed for precision and feel around the green.
Club Design and Features
- Club Composition: This set of hybrids is available with either graphite shafts while also available are other clubs that offer durable steel shaft construction.
- Cut-Through Slot: The cut-through slot offered on these irons produces an amazing launch, impressive distances and remarkable ball speed.
- Wraparound Slot Technology: Beginning on the heel of the club and wrapping around for approximately 270 degrees to the top line, the manufacture guarantees that the average length improves the size of the club’s sweet spot by upwards of 44%. This technology is credited with making these irons some of the best game improvement clubs available. Long slot technology is also associated with substantially increasing ball speed and flex, irrespective of where the player hits with the club.
- Unique Upside Down Design: Considered one of the most remarkable features of these irons, the upside down design makes it easier to hit by placing the COG at a lower position in the head of the iron.
- Flex: Golfers can choose either left-handed or right-handed sets with the right hand set available in regular, senior and stiff. As a note, the left hand set only comes in the stiff flex option.
4. Callaway Men’s XR Iron Set
Built for speed. The revolutionary Callaway Golf XR Iron features a brand new construction and shape to help get the most out of your game and hit the ball further than before. And with the addition of the Cup 360 that redefined ball speed in the Callaway fairway woods, as soon as you add these incredible game improvement irons to your bag, you’ll never look back.
TSee what lies ahead, or behind, not just the distance to the flagstick. 6x monocular featuring Nikon’s legendary optical technology provides bright, clear images.
Club Design and Features
- Revolutionary Ball Speed From Cup 360 Our improved face cup technology even acts like a spring on shots hit low on the face to increase ball speeds; The speed is higher at every other impact location on the face too
- Lower CG, More MOI and Ball Speed The Internal Standing Wave is the ultimate team player; It’s refined the way that we lower CG, increased MOI and gives the face cup the freedom to flex for more ball speed
- New Construction And Shape An iron built for speed needs a different level of refinement and attention, in this case a 2-piece construction that includes a dual heat treatment; It’s precise, meticulous craftsmanship that XR deserves.
5. Callaway Men’s Apex CF16 Individual Iron
The progressive design creates scoring performance through the set from your long irons to your short irons. The high tech, multi-piece construction provides a combination of distance, feel and control that can suit any player. And the extremely soft feel comes from quadruple net forging and mild carbon steel. When you combine all of these advanced technologies along with the classic, authentic shape, you have a forged iron for all golfers.
Club Design and Features
- Remarkably Soft Feel: Incredible craftsmanship including precision forging and milling along with milled carbon steel when combined provide these individual irons with extreme softness. While on the surface the soft feel may not seem significant, in truth, golfers feel as though they want to swing with them every chance they get. This is clearly one feature that is used to define the best game improvement irons sets.
- 360-Degree Cup Face: Using the 360-degree cup face, the 3-7 irons afford impressive distances at all speeds.
- Unique Multi-Piece Construction: The high-tech multi-piece construction results in remarkable speed, control and distance that other irons are simply not capable of achieving. The shorter irons (8-AW) incorporate a custom face plate for better distance control and more enhanced feel while the longer irons make use of the innovative 360-degree cup technology.
- Unsurpassed Scoring Performance: The sole widths and progressive offset help to ensure outstanding levels of forgiveness, control, playability and ball flight.
- Club shaft: The CF16 shaft is available in regular, stiff and senior flexes. Regardless of the shaft chosen, all are made of rigid graphite material that is sturdy and strong and designed to last.
- Grip Orientation: These quality golf irons are made available for both right-handed and left-handed orientation. This ensures that regardless of the players style, there is an iron for their own unique needs.
- Advanced forged blade technology offers a larger sweet spot then available in other clubs.
- Boasting a solid feel, these irons are impressive by anyone’s standards.
- These golf irons offer a classic look with a uniquely impressive profile that is outstanding by any measure.
- The cutting edge technology ensures that mis-hits will not stray off target.
- The irons have a remarkably soft feel which most golfers genuinely appreciate.
- The sound at impact is well muted ensuring a more pleasing experience.
- Impressive forgiveness and distance is standard when using these clubs.
- These irons deliver an excellent level of feedback so that the golfer knows where improvement is needed the most.
- These clubs may tend to show wear rather quickly due to a satin finish that could tend to wear off after only a few rounds.
- For full shots, the PW simply does not deliver as promised.
- Light swingers will find that these irons do not serve their needs the best.
- There have been multiple complaints regarding the lofts being as much as 2 degrees off.
6. TaylorMade Men’s M2 Wedge
M2 Tour irons are for golfers who seek distance, but also want their irons to have a smaller profile. With M2 Tour, we have engineered an iron that is maximized for distance while retaining a clean, compact shape.Ultra-thin face design with Inverted Cone Technology offers fast and consistent ball speeds across the face
Club Design and Features
- Remarkable Weight Savings: Known for impressive weight saving advantages, the M2 makes use of three key features including a thick-thin fluted Hosel that is designed to create stronger lofts while not interfering with peak trajectory, 360 degrees undercut and L-shaped top design.
- Impressive face design: With a large appearance, the face of this iron is highly regarded by many golfers. Featuring a new speed pocket, the iron will deliver ball speeds that are simply beyond compare.
- Club Shaft: When it comes to performance, few other irons can compare in terms of durability. This is generally due to the fact that the shaft is constructed of high grade steel.
- The V-shaped Badge: While not unique by any stretch, the V-shaped design is an impressive addition simply due to the fact that it helps to generate amazing sound upon impact. The iron is also highly respected for its ability to dampen unwanted vibrations. The end result is a club with a truly incredible feel that golfers very much enjoy.
- Lie and Loft: The M2 wedge is considered to be a standard Lie Club. The loft is 55 degrees resulting in even the most inexperienced novice enjoying a more effective and rewarding game.
- Composed of high quality materials that are incredibly durable, the club head and shaft are designed to last.
- The iron generates an impressive sound upon impact.
- Unwanted vibration is effectively dampened by the V-shaped badge resulting in remarkably improved club feel.
- High levels of accuracy can be expected from this iron because of its design and overall construction.
- The iron has a considerably large sweet spot that makes it suitable for even novice beginners.
- Golfers always achieve impressive distances when using the M2.
- Most golfers think that the iron feels remarkably balanced.
- Golfers can feel confident that they can overcome a wide range of flaws because the M2 is so forgiving.
- Golfers enjoy highly effective control because of the clubs perimeter weighting.
In terms of affordability, the M2 Wedge is well within reach of most budgets as compared to other similar clubs.
- The club may tend to look too busy because of the material design that incorporates a spined-hosel.
- The club cannot be customized to a golfers unique swing.<br>- Novices as well as experienced golfers may feel that the club is simply too thick.
- In terms of appearance, the club may come across as being too dull and simply may not be as aesthetically pleasing as some golfers would expect.
- A variety of golfers may feel that it is not easy to lock in when using this club between yardage.
Progressive set of irons starting with a hollow hybrid chassis in the 4 and 5 irons move the COG lower and towards the back of the club making it easier to launch the ball higher. The thin, high-strength steel face creates a larger area of maximum ball speed, plus allows for more perimeter weighting for more accuracy and consistency. High COR Area allows for more consistency throughout the club face which helps make this not only longer but more accurate than other clubs tested.
- The 588 RTX 2.0 irons incorporate the Low Swing MOI and a thin, high-strength steel club face that greatly increases COR to give you greater distance
- These irons have an increased head and ball speed which results in more distance
- By making club weight lighter, 588 RTX 2.0 Irons are easy to swing faster
- Higher launching and longer carry distance will lead to lower scores
- Rarely is it possible to find a more impressive sand wedge than the XR.
- Incredibly forgiving, few other clubs can compare to the XR.
- This club affords a nearly perfect ball flight that is neither too high nor too low.
- Outstanding in every way, the club offers a modern and stylish appearance.
- Rather than buying a full set, you can buy specific irons to fit your needs or skill level.
- The club face is not oversized and not too big or bulky.
- Suitable for almost any type of golfer, these irons are long and smooth.
- Outstanding durability and performance is achieved through a stainless steel body and face.
- Golfers have the option to choose between graphite shafts or steel.
- Purchasing clubs individually is far more expensive than buying a full set. Those on a budget may wish to consider this fact.
- Golfers will not typically get feedback on mistakes from mis-hits due to the fact that they will still feel solid.
- A common complaint is that the clubs flex too much as compared to other regular types of graphite irons.
- The grip is considered slightly inferior resulting in some golfers replacing the grip down the road.
- There have been a few reported cases of the club face actually cracking after just a few short months of use.
8. TaylorMade Men’s RSi1 Iron
They do feel good and when I was putting them to the test on our range it was noticeable how consistent the flight of the ball was regardless of where I struck it on the face.The feel at impact also felt good and not at all springy, which some of you may have expected with all these slots around. The Face Slots are filled with a different polymer to that in the Speed Pocket in the sole and this does the job of keeping the feel and allowing the slot to do its thing.
Club Design and Features
- Advanced Face Slot Technology: Golfers can expect excellent distance even when missing the sweet spot using this advanced technology. The club delivers remarkable consistency throughout the entire face so that golfers experience noticeable improvements in performance.
- Club Shaft: The clubs come standard with either graphite or steel shafts. This allows golfers to choose which option works best for their unique needs. The iron also offers flexibility in terms of stiff, regular or senior flexes.
- Grip: The RSi1 is available with a matching grip that includes cute style stripes. This is one of the features that likely makes the club so attractive to a wide range of players. Even those not wearing gloves will find the grip to be impressively comfortable.
- Innovative Face Design: Unique to this particular iron is the advanced face design that is comprised of inverted cone technology as well as an extra thin face and a deep undercut. The face ultimately delivers maximum speed thanks to these three combined features.
- Overall Sound and Feel: Golfers will be impressed by the sound and feel of this club. Most golfers will be so impressed that they will want to continue playing for extended periods. Advanced construction and multiple dampening system use results in remarkable feel and stunning sound attributes.
- This iron features a natural overall weight with no known significant tempo related issues.
- Even the thickest turf is no match for the sturdy sole.
- The RSi1 is made available standard with a matching grip that is considered by most to be extremely comfortable.
- Consistent distances from a wide variety of strike points are standard with this impressive golf iron.
- Golfers are incredibly impressed with the springlike transfer that is experienced at impact.
- Even off-center hits are not a problem thanks to the large sweet spot of this iron.
- The iron has a uniquely stylish and modern appearance that draws attention on the course.
- The club head and shaft materials are incredibly durable and intended for maximum performance.
- Even novice golfers will enjoy this club simply due to the fact that it is so forgiving.
- Golfers can choose between various shaft materials.
- The club offers outstanding feedback at all times. Consequently golfers are able to differentiate between perfect contact and poor shots.
- Some golfers find a lack of efficiency with regard to the head size simply due to the fact that the head is not large enough.
- The hitting area has black lines on it that can cause visual distractions for golfers.
- Those in search of a more rewarding and polished feel on impact may find that this iron is insufficient for their needs.
- Many golfers will find that they will lack in distance control and consistency with regard to mis-hits.
9. Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons
- Distance With Playability
- Scoring Performance Through The Set
- Multi-Piece Construction
- Multi-piece construction: this high Tech construction goes through the whole set to create a remarkable combination of distance, feel and Control for any player
- Extremely soft feel from advanced forging: we applied an extremely precise quadruple net forging, precision milling, and 1025 mild carbon steel to produce a new standard for incredibly soft feel in a forged iron
- Extremely Soft Feel From Advanced Forging
10. Callaway Men’s XR Combo Set
- Revolutionary Ball Speed From Cup 360
- Revolutionary Ball Speed From Cup 360
- New Construction And Refined Shaping
- Lower CG, More MOI and Ball Speed The Internal Standing Wave is the ultimate team player; It’s refined the way that we lower CG, increased MOI and gives the face cup the freedom to flex for more ball speed
- New Construction And ShapeAn iron built for speed needs a different level of refinement and attention, in this case a 2-piece construction that includes a dual heat treatment; It’s precise, meticulous craftsmanship that XR deserves
11. Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo HB Iron Set
The new Cleveland Launcher HB Tubro irons have some advanced designs compared to the original Cleveland since it is made with some great new technology. The irons are constructed to provide more forgiveness and a higher trajectory to help golfers get more accuracy and longer shots. The set includes PW, DW, and SW (Sand Wedge).
Each Launcher HB Turbo Iron has a turbocharged face that is thinner and hotter to maximize ball speed and ultimate distance. The hollow design, together with internal stabilizing ribs, enhances forgiveness. The low, in-depth weighting HiBore Crown feature delivers high ball flight. Its progressive shaping ensures a transition from hybrid-like long irons to iron-like short irons. The seamless changeover maximizes forgiveness, where needed, and control.
The iron set is excellent for players who have slow to moderate swing speed and are not getting higher ball flight, and cannot stop the ball on the green. It has the latest bells and whistles to give more forgiveness and distance.
- Perfect for men
- Hollow design gives high, straight shots.
- Hybrid-iron construct
- Progressive hollow shaping
- Redesigned HiBore crown feature
- It is only meant for left-handed.
- The irons don’t come with headcovers
12. Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Iron Set
Are you an average golfer struggling to achieve a higher ball launch? That is where Mavrik Max iron comes in. The set offers the highest launch and forgiveness. It is considered a super game improvement since you experience explosive distance when playing.
The irons are made with inspiring shapes, wider soles, and a lower center of gravity. Thanks to the 360 flash face cup technology that significantly boosts ball speed and maximizes spin strength off on every iron. The tungsten energy core in the irons helps in locating the CG position with unique precision and maintaining the ball’s speed in the Flash Face Cup. It enhances ultimate launch and performance through the iron set, from strong lofts and golfer trajectory, land angles, and spin rates.
Lastly, the iron set has urethane microspheres to aid in absorbing unwanted vibration and tune sounds. It also maximizes COR for fantastic ball speed.
- Lowers center of gravity
- Easy to launch
- It has a lightweight shaft.
- Oversize head
- Not ideal for lower handicap players
- Shorter compared to ordinary Mavrik.
13. Extreme X5 Wide Sole iBRID Iron Set
Looking for a useful iron set for senior golfers can be challenging. The Extreme X5 Wide Sold iBrid iron set a highly recommended club for senior players on a budget and need extra help to deliver great forgiveness.
Thanks to the extra-wide sole and two-piece metal construction that gives the set a great look and effectiveness. The large sole enhances pre-shot alignment and more launches with extra distance. The hollow body in the two-piece construction allows movement of weight to the back and bottom to ensure a low center of gravity and high inertia moment. The low CG aids in better gripping of the clubs while perimeter weighting is for forgiveness on off-center shots.
Additionally, it comes with a premium arthritic grip that ensures hands swing comfortably. The set includes 4-iron up to 9-iron with a PW and SW. It also has flex graphite shafts.
- It has large cavity backs to enhance forgiveness.
- Swinging the clubs is made accessible due to the arthritic grips.
- Graphite shafts are light.
- The large sand wedge sole makes off-center shots hard.
- Only made for right-handed golfers.
14. Medicus Dual Hinge 5 Iron
The Medicus Dual Hinge 5 Iron is highly effective for golfers who want to transit from practice into play. It is made to enhance players to achieve a consistent swing and be able to increase ball speed. Besides, it creates muscle memory.
It is a dual-hinge iron set that improves swing, accuracy, distance, and ball flight. It comes in a wide variety of designs and styles, allowing players to choose what suits them. It is designed for men and women. It has both left-hand and right-hand design. It is mostly concerned with design because its main aim is to improve the swinging ability.
The good thing is that it is affordable since it is made for beginners who need to learn and practice how to swing. It is highly recommended because it is made for players who want to hit consistent shots and improve their tempo and swing.
- Helps beginners learn how to swing and hit consistently
- It is a dual-hinge iron set.
- Made for both men and women
- It comes with a left-hand and right-hand design.
- Only made for beginners.
15. PING G710 Custom Irons
Are you a player with mid-high handicaps or moderate to slower swing speed, then PING G710 Custom Irons is your solution. With modern technology, golfers will achieve more distance, higher launch, and improve forgiveness.
The club is made with multi-material technology. It combines a c300 maraging steel face that you will find mostly in metal woods with a stainless steel body and tungsten weights in the shaft and toe. With this face, you will improve the ball speed by increasing the face deflection when you hit the ball. The thinner face and hollow body construction increase flexibility.
The tungsten weights on the shaft and toe make the club more stable, resists twisting, and make it more forgiving. Also, the low head weight makes it easy to launch high ball flight. Each iron comes with an Arcoss sensor that automatically tracks the swing metric and displays them on the Arcoss smartphone app.
- Tungsten weights make the club more stable.
- The hollow body and thinner face for flexibility
- It has Arcoss sensors.
- Perfect for mid-high handicaps
- Improves Launch, forgiveness, and distance
- No bag was included.
16. Callaway Big Bertha B21 Hybrid/Irons
The Callaway Big Bertha B21 Hybrid/Irons set is considered super-game-improvement since it is designed for high-handicap golfers. The clubs are constructed differently compared to other player irons. They deliver higher ball speed, straight shots, high launch, and more forgiveness.
The set has a thick topline, a wide blade, and a significant offset. These features enable the golfers to feel confident over the ball. The club looks like a typical iron outside while the face is wrapped with ripples and bugles from inside. It is engineered with artificial intelligence to improve speed and increase the spin rate for each club. Additionally, the thickness and patterns for each iron are different.
Thanks to the A. I Flash Face Cup that flexes and releases high ball speed and spin strength. The irons are made with a visible Tungsten Energy Core in each head. It is positioned behind the face and in the toe for easy launch, lower spin, and straighter flight. Each club has more than 40 grams of tungsten.
The urethane microspheres soften the feel of impact and improve sound while maintaining fast ball speeds.
- Made with Artificial intelligence
- It is a super game improvement set.
- Delivers higher ball speed and more forgiveness
- Urethane microspheres absorb unwanted vibrations.
- Easy Launch and straighter flight
- No bag included
17. Titleist Women’s T400 Irons
Titleist Women’s T400 Irons is a fantastic set for mid to high handicap female players. It is made for delivering more forgiveness for their off-center shots. It is engineered with the Titleist Super Thin L-face that wraps around the leading edges and to the sole. It provides forgiveness on hits on the clubhead lower part.
Each T400 Iron is a hollow cavity back, and the 5-iron through 7-iron features thin. It assists in improving distance and forgiveness. The T400 irons have thick toplines, and many offset to aid moderate and slower swings and increase distance. The split-sole feature reduces turf interaction when hitting a terrain.
Thanks to the internal tungsten weights in the heel and toes that lowers the center of gravity hence delivering higher-flying shots. The set’s tungsten weights go up to 100 grams to produce an extreme perimeter weighting to boost off-center hits’ stability.
- Enhances forgiveness
- Suitable for mid-high handicap female players
- It has advanced features.
- A bit expensive
- Oversize club heads
18. TaylorMade SIM Max OS Custom Irons
The TaylorMade SIM Max OS Custom Irons is recommended for all the handicaps since it delivers high launch, maximum distance, and more forgiveness. It utilizes the speed bridge technology to support the iron’s topline. It enhances support and stability to create high flight shots with better accuracy.
Another great feature is the ECHO Dampening system designed with energy channeling geometry to eliminate vibrations and deliver a better feel. The Patented TaylorMade Technology enables the speed pocket to increase ball speed with a straight ball fight feature. Also, the progressive invented cone technology reduces the side shots while producing great forgiveness on off-center hits.
The head forgiving shape design is made to deliver an unmatched combination of forgiveness, performance, and distance. The club has a large face zone to improve stability and a wide sole area for turf interaction.
The club is engineered with complete sole geometry and lightweight fluted hosel, 360 degrees undercut, and an ultra-thin face from the clubhead to sole bottom for a low center of gravity. It helps in high ball flight and forgiveness,
- Higher ball flight
- Easy Launch
- Super forgiving on off-center hits
- Increase ball speeds up to 105 mph.
- Quite iron
- Tend to starch the chrome finish
- A bit pricey
- Cutting corners on the finish are not attractive.
19. Tommy Armour 845 MAX Irons
Tommy Armour 845 Max irons set is designed for a golfer who wants to advance their performance while playing. It is referred to as a super game improvement. It helps in equipping players with a combination of forgiveness and distance.
The L-cup face shape and the Variable Face Thickness (VFT) feature offer high ball speed for increased distance. Next, it has a high-density tungsten toe weighting that provides a higher MOI for more forgiveness on off-center hits.
The Ultra-side sole feature moves the center of gravity while maximizing the ultimate Launch. The 3M Vibration Dampening Tape with the soft, stainless steel body delivers a super soft, solid feel. Lastly, the PW edge promotes turf interaction.
- Latest features
- Maximize forgiveness and distance
- Deliver high ball speed
- An excellent soft, solid feel
20. Big Bertha OS Senior Irons
Big Bertha OS Senior Irons is a super game improvement. It enhances distance and performance. It is suits beginners, high-handicappers, and a golfer who wants to maximize forgiveness. The club has advanced features that promote its performance.
First, the new Exo-Cage has a light and sturdy design, allowing more weight in strategic positions to increase forgiveness. It also helps Callaway’s 360 Face Cup Technology to work effectively. Next-generation 360 Face Cup technology increases the clubface (coefficient of restitution) closure to the USGA limit. It delivers high ball speed and more distance.
Next, the internal tungsten weighting the sole lowers the center of gravity, increasing a high launch angle and more ball speed on hits. Lastly, the progressive center of gravity moves lower as you move from shorter to long irons. It leads to high launch in the long irons and more control in the short irons.
It is lightweight and has more loft, which promotes more clubhead speed and easy launch.
- Attractive look
- Increases forgiveness
- Modern technology
- Easy Launch and control
Things Every Golfer Should Know About Golf Irons
In most instances a golfer will use an iron when they are within about 200 yards of the green. That said, accuracy and distance play an important role in selecting the best iron for the challenge at hand. Here are a few essential and important aspects of golf irons that every player new or experienced should consider.
A Standard Set of Golf Irons
A standard or basic type of golf kit will typically have 14 different clubs in total including irons. It should be noted that Irons will usually make up the bulk of any golf kit. Conversely, the set of irons in a typical golf bag includes eight golf clubs. These are the 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 irons as well as the pitching wedge. It should be noted that many expert golfers will also include in their set a 1 as well as a 2 iron.
The Super Game Improvement Irons
Some golfers require a super game improvement type of iron simply because they play at what is considered to be a high handicap of between 21 and 28. As the name implies, these irons are known as super game improvement clubs. In most cases this kind of club has a large offset so that it is easier for players with high handicaps to hit the ball in a far more effective way.
Standard Game Improvement Irons
Considered very forgiving by any stretch of the imagination, this kind of iron is very simple and easy to use. They are ideal for golfers that fall into the mid-handicap range of 15 to 23. This type of club gives novice players the ability to launch the ball from even steep angles. This is due to the irons low COG.
Golfers in search of an iron with dual levels of forgiveness and performance should always consider turning to intermediate irons. This type of club is most appropriate for those with a handicap that is in the mid-low category of 8 to 17. This particular type of iron is generally far less forgiving and will perform best when used by skilled and more experienced golfers.
This type of iron is typically dedicated to professional golfers as well as those who have be involved in the sport for a very long time resulting in high level of mastery. Player irons are known to be highly unique and are intended for professional use. They are most appropriate for those with low handicaps of from 0 to 10. This is especially true regarding the fact that they have what is accepted as the deepest and lowest COG.
What to consider when choosing the best type of game improvement iron for your particular needs
Whether you are a pro or simply one who enjoys playing a few leisurely rounds with others on the weekend as well as those who play golf at what is regarded as the professional level, it is always essential to choose the right type of iron. It is important to note that the iron will be that type of club that will be used the most when playing. That is why it is so essential to choose the best ones to achieve maximum levels of game enjoyment. Here are a few important factors to consider if you are planning on purchasing the best game improvement irons.
1. Design of the Club Head
The design of the club head is an important factor that should never be overlooked. In short, it is not possible to purchase a good iron without considering this important aspect. Clubs come in three sizes including the oversize head, the midsize head and traditional blades. Professional golfers typically choose the regular ones because they provide greater control over the ball while golfers looking to improve their game will often choose the mid-sized. Most notably, oversize head irons incorporate what is known as a large sweet spot. This type of iron is extremely forgiving and as such is perfect for the novice looking to always make a good shot.
Considered to be a key element of any club, the shaft determines overall durability and performance. When searching for game improvement irons, it is always good to take into account the shaft material being used. Typically speaking there a couple of options in this regard. Golfers can choose between graphite or steel shafts. One determining factor when choosing a shaft is the golfer’s skill level. Inexperienced golfers will find that steel is the best choice. This is simply due to the fact that it is heavy but offers better control over ball direction and swing. Conversely, graphite shafts are best in the hands of those with a firm grip. This would typically be experienced golfers who are better able at handling lighter clubs.
3. Iron Style
There are two different types of iron styles available today. The cavity back and the muscle back. When choosing the best iron for your unique needs it is recommended to carefully consider the features of these two different styles. The muscle back which is a forged type of iron provides golfers with a solid heft. It is also worth noting that this type of club does not have hollow areas. This is because the club has what is known as a club head with a fullback. Conversely, the muscle back style is preferred by professionals because it is more consistent with each and every shot. Because the cavity back is cast and has a hollow section towards the back of the head resulting in a weighted perimeter it is more suitable for novice golfers. This is especially true of beginners wishing to achieve greater levels of accuracy.
4. Price Point
As with any other purchase, golf items such as irons are often compared based upon price. One of the easiest ways to handle the wide range of pricing associated with modern irons is to come up with a reasonable budget. Alternately, golfers can simply choose a maximum amount that they wish to spend prior to shopping for golf clubs. Price is often a major consideration simply because some clubs can easily cost upwards of $2000. That said, there are many clubs available today that can range well below a few hundred dollars. Those purchasing golf clubs should understand that price will not always be a direct indicator of quality. In effect, there are some clubs that are very expensive where the price is simply not justified. The bottom line is that it is best to shop for quality that is still affordable.
5. Handicapped Considerations
When shopping for irons it is important to always think about golf handicap. This should be a priority because those who forget to consider handicap may end up buying the wrong type of clubs. All golfers should know their handicap especially if they are serious about the game. Knowing your handicap in advance will help you make a more informed choice when buying irons. Choosing the right clubs to match your handicap is one of the best ways to maximum your enjoyment of the game of golf. Most importantly, choosing carefully with regard to Irons and handicap will help to ensure that you will improve your game over time.
The necessity of choosing the right type of irons whether you are a novice or an experienced golfer cannot be understated. As the game of golf continues to become more and more popular each and every year, there are more people than ever before looking for ways to better understand the game and ways to improve their skills. This guide is designed to help even the most inexperienced golfers make a more informed decision when shopping for golf irons.
One of the best ways to find out which iron will be best for you is to simply try them out. No amount of reading or viewing clubs online can take the place of actually physically trying a club in person. Most experts would agree that one of the most essential aspects of choosing an iron is to simply try a few different types in order to find the one that will work best for you.
It is recommended to always do a good amount of research in order to find the best set of irons. Take the time to search and explore all options with regard to which clubs will serve your needs the best. At the end of the day, getting the most out of this exciting and rewarding sport can be best achieved by having the right golf irons in your set.